Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The saddest child...

I've heard that Dr. Phil says, "A mother is only as happy as her saddest child".  I don't know if he actually said it, or quoted it.  I've not personally ever heard him say it.  But, I would tend to agree it's true in a lot of cases....

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3

When you have trust in our Father, how you deal with the disappointments in life changes.  If you have disappointments or failures in life, either within yourself or in others, you walk away from them knowing He is in control and you trust His plan to conquer whatever trials you may be going through.  In fact, we are told to praise Him in our struggles.  We need to praise Him and be thankful for whatever the results will be in the long run. 

So how do we do that?  Are we supposed to not feel the pain or anguish from things or people in the world that disappoint?  Or when we lose a loved one?  What about when those closest to us cause the pain?

I don't think that's the case.  In fact, I believe that our Father created us with emotions as part of His plan.  We are naturally going to feel anger, hurt, joy, happiness...  Jesus did, think about how anguished He was when He was about to be crucified.  He was not walking around as if He had no emotions, He showed his emotions and shared them with His Father. 

"And He took Peter, James, and John with Him, and He began to be troubled and deeply distressed.  Then He said to them, “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch.”  He went a little farther, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him.  And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.” ~ Mark 14:33-36

Just as we should do.... 

Did you see Colt McCoy at the end of the championship game?  I was speachless.  He was emotional, but in all that he struggled with, to understand and to have to stand there on national television....  and he STILL gave God the glory in all things.  Could you, or would you do what he did?  Let me tell you, it is not as easy as it sounds.

I have found recently, as I am struggling with understanding and then trusting Him with a situation, that I can praise Him in it.  I praise Him as often as I think about it.  I pray constantly, I trust Him completely that He has His hand on this situation.  But that doesn't mean that I'm walking around as if nothing happened.  I struggle with it, I cry on occasion, but mostly - I gain comfort in my Father's arms.  I have complete trust and faith that He is in control of this situation that I couldn't begin to touch.  I have no desire to control what I don't understand.  But that is because I trust Him and I don't "need" the control any longer. 

What I don't do is sit around in my own pity.  I don't listen to the world's view and allow myself to be overcome by the emotions or by the judgement of others.  I don't dwell in my misery, I won't.  My Father hears my prayers, and He listens... 

"Now, my daughter, do not fear. I will do for you whatever you ask, for all my people in the city know that you are a woman of excellence." ~ Ruth 3:11

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalms 28:7

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

Those are my Rhema strikes.  (Rhema, refers to a word that is spoken and means “an utterance.” A rhema is a verse of Scripture that the Holy Spirit brings to our attention with application to a current situation or need for direction. )

And as I go through each day, I give God the GLORY in ALL THINGS!!

I am truly thankful for a Father who has such compassion for me, and for my struggles... 

Living the Blessed Life,

~ Jessica

No comments: